Aw, Crap.

Aw, Crap.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 8 in which I admit a few things

To start off, I weighed in this morning

186 lbs.

I am satisfied with that. Real weight loss is a slow process of replacing fat mass for muscle mass, I don't expect big changes in my numbers. Anything that causes you to drop weight drastically is usually temporary.


A note on nutrition:
We have been transitioning into a healthier menu (more fresh, balanced fruits, veg, and grains) We barely eat heavily processed foods and work hard to control our portions. It's taken us about 2 years to get to where this is 'normal'. Most processed foods really mess up our digestive system now. It kind of sucks. We really cannot eat somewhere like Mc Donald's or Sonic without having some serious gastrointestinal issues. (read: We get the back door trots, ya'll, and it is BAD!) I am not complaining, it's just easy to forget that a freezer pizza will result in absolute misery for a few hours! The good news is that I have noticed that the simple fresh meals we tend to stick to are super easy on the clean up side. That makes me happy. Did I also mention that real food tastes amazing?!? Ya'll It does. I would take fresh food over a Big Mac any day of the week. (maybe not over Taco Bell, now... That's a different story.)
Bottom line? If you are wanting to drop weight, exercise can only take you so far if you are fueling your body with junk. Also: Please, PLEASE get your cholesterol and blood pressure checked! Keep an eye on these sneaky guys! If you are like me and have a solid family history of Diabetes, get that checked too, and keep an eye on it! For many of us it's not really an issue of IF but of WHEN. Good nutrition and exercise can hold it off and keep your body working right for longer. Do it Ya'll!!

That being said,
It's time for Confession...



Day 5 (Friday) I did not go walking, The Boy was up and down all night and when 6am rolled around there was No. Freaking. Way. BUT, I did do some aerobics and actually just ran in place to see how long I could go. I can jog for about the length of a Barenaked Ladies song. :c) Then I have to stop before my lungs revolt and decide to punish me. I can run again after a few minutes of crunches or stretches or something else that isn't running.

Day 6 (Saturday) The Girl had a birthday to go to and I had a million and a half things going on. No exercise was had this day... and I gorged like a fatty at CiCi Pizza. (those cinnamon rolls are yummy. Everything else? Blek.) Plus anywhere that yells at you when you do... um... anything? Yeah, probably not the healthiest place to eat. oh well ::shrug::

Day 7 (Sunday) We went to Ryan's parent's ward for Mother's day, which was really great. I got to see my 'extra' parents Dave and Sandy Rogers. It was almost like going home. :c)
BTW, I had a fantastic Mother's Day and again... gorged myself like a fatty... And I got a nap!!!
Hope all my Mommy buddies had a great day too. Happy 'I have a Uterus and You Don't' Day!!



Apparently, it is a choking hazard.
Take this information and use it however you wish.


On to Today, Day 8 (Monday)
Ya'll I cannot tell you how freaking proud I am of myself!!!
I jogged about 1/3 of my first lap making my time 10 minutes for my first lap
and then walked the second lap so I didn't pass out. 11 minutes. I am maintaining well, and that is good. :c)

Right now the kids are all piled up in the bed bouncing on Mr. Evil, I should probably stop them.

The only issue in my exercise is that I am ~DEAD~ by about 2pm. My body is still in 'energy suck' mode. I am still convincing it that exercise feels good and is a worthy thing. Eventually (probably when I drop a little weight and my body gets better at disposing fat) The suck will switch to a boost and I will feel great. I know it will happen... But I also think it's going to take some work. I all ready feel stronger and my double chin is less noticeable.

1 comment:

  1. Good job!! Keep it up, I can't even get started at the moment.

    ReplyDelete