Aw, Crap.

Aw, Crap.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Four, In which I run a little and get the evil eye

First,
I have to say that My Mother's Day Present worked like a dream!!

Awesome.
 and the inch of Duct tape I put on my heel to cover my blister (suggested by Mr. Evil) was much more effective than I thought it would be!

Also...
I jogged a little. Overlard Cheeks and his minions The Thunder Twins were not pleased. And it felt awkward, and Poppy was kind of a spaz too. ("WTF? I have to run now too?") 
BUT... I shaved a minute off my time! it takes me 11 minutes to do a lap. We figure that the neighborhood is a little over a half mile, so I do two laps. I can walk a mile in 22 minutes. Not good, really, but improving.

So I have some interesting neighbors. By interesting I mean drug dealers and people who seem to enjoy getting into domestic 'events' that usually involve a Sheriff deputy or two.


Also, we have a large number of neighbors who have tiny, yippy dogs. They like to let everyone know we are around. Our neighbor's pug-thing only pees on EVERYTHING, but he doesn't bark. (I once caught him about to baptize the backpack I had just sat down by the car. ugh.)
So to give some back story, on the other arm of our U shaped road there is a man I like to call Grumpy Old Dude. About two years ago there was  little yippy dog running loose in my yard. (I was hugely pregnant at the time) It was friendly, but I didn't want poopies all over my front lawn so I caught him and took him back to (what I thought was) his home. Here I met Grumpy Old Dude. No, it wasn't his 'damn' dog... grumpy go away stare... as I stand there with a mangy dog, an adorable little girl, looking hugely pregnant, in the summer heat.
That's cool, you know, I mean maybe I interrupted something important, like the One Time This Year that the Missus Is Willing. I mean you know, I'd be grumpy too. We found the owner with the help of a friendly older lady. That is wholly unimportant to this morning's story.

So Poppy and I are walking in front of Grumpy Old Dude's house (after having just finished an awkward sprint... Note to self: Find a sports bra.) We walked by just as Grumpy Old Dude's Old Lady poked her head out to feed one of the 500 million cats that live in our neighborhood. As she opened the door, a chihuahua comes blasting off the porch and running at Poppy (we just kept walking and rather ignored the little nipper.) Suddenly, Grumpy Old Dude comes pushing out the screen door past his Old Lady to stand on his porch to glare at me in his red-shirt suspendered glory. As if his dog's poor behavior was my fault. *sigh*
I couldn't worry too much as I was dealing next with a dog I've dubbed Muffy, who is clearly jealous that Poppy is being walked and that she is not invited.

Also I am including a shout-out to my big sister who was beaned in the head by a hose coupler off of a fire truck on Tuesday!! It flew through her jeep's front window spraying glass everywhere and giving her a concussion, a very painful ear, and some bruises worthy of a biker bar brawl. I am glad you are alive, sis. She totally drove herself home and kept her cool.  Her wonderful RN buddy told her that a hit to the jugular = a trip to the emergency room. (Huh. Really?) She was awesome and I am so thankful she was there to get my big sister the attention she needed. (BTW- my sister is so awesome and cool. She totally kept her head the whole time by doing yoga, breathing, and counting. How awesome is she!?!?)
What starts with an 'F' and ends in 'UCK' ? Fire Truck!!! HAAAAA!!! HAAAaaaa... haaaaa...
come on you know it's funny.


so is this:
MMMM. Pop tarts...

3 comments:

  1. I am seriously laughing SO hard! This is hilarious! Go Ashley, Go Ashley! So super AWESOME (notice the capital letters? emphasis on that awesome!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ashley! Great job on continuing on your mission, despite the blister, I mean Old Grumpy Dude. I don't think I can walk a mile under thirty minutes right now. (pathetic I know)
    Glad your sis is fine but talk about a freak accident! Woah! I'll have to watch out for those crazy fire trucks (or pire tucks as William calls them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :c) Thanks for the love you guys! It keeps me motivated :c)

    ReplyDelete